Tips on staying focused
As teenagers, we tend to get distracted a lot and we often find it hard to focus on one thing for a long time. It’s perfectly normal to zone out or lose interest in doing something but it’s also crucial that you know how to stay focused.
1. Get rid of the things that you know will distract you. Put away your video games, pull your hair back so it doesn’t get in your face, close all irrelevant and unnecessary tabs if you are using a computer, and turn of the television.
2. Think of something to motivate you. Find something to keep you going and to make you want to finish what needs to be done. It could be anything like rewarding yourself with a nice treat (your favorite food or a shopping spree) or maybe even just that feeling of having accomplished something.
3. Work in a neat place. Organize your work space, arrange all the scattered papers, put aside all the things you won’t need, and make space so you can move your things around.
4. Block out everything else. Go to someplace quiet like to a coffee shop across the street or to the little deserted area on the beach, listen to some relaxing music, and put your cell phone on silent.
5. Make a list. List down everything you need to do so you won’t forget anything and so you can keep yourself and everything else in check. Mark off the things you’ve finished.
(photo is not mine)